**PRICING FOR REMOTE LEARNING SERVICES ONLY**
**PRICING FOR P.U.S.H. AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMMING ONLY**
PLEASE VISIT PUSHWORLDWIDE.ORG TO SEE THE AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMMING OFFERED THROUGH THE PEOPLE UNITED FOR SOCIAL HONOR (P.U.S.H.)
The Yonkers READS Program is designed to support our younger students (PreK – 5th grade) in gaining strong literacy skills and a love for reading at a young age. Research shows that students of color who do not read by the 4th grade are 50% more likely to go to jail. Knowing these statistics, reading truly is fundamental to the future growth and progression of a child and ultimately of a family. This program is meant to pair students with older mentors (14 – 18 years old) to read with them 2-3 times a week, while developing a mentoring relationship. The individual volunteers will be awarded volunteer hours for their services, which may help high school students seeking volunteer hours to strengthen college applications.
Little Prodigies weekly Saturday classes that focus on teaching children and adolescents’ courses in the following subjects: coding, art, music, dance, drama, and language. Too many children and adolescents in Yonkers lack access to activities and resources that will build important life skills and experiences that will later better foster their educational growth. By exposing our youth to a variety of arts and sciences, we are better preparing them to be successful in this rapidly changing world.
The BTC Programs are The College Prep Program and The Job Placement Program, which operate on Saturdays and focus on empowerment and mentorship for youth within the community. The College Prep Program seeks to expose youth to the college process by providing 6 sessions that walk students through every step of the college admissions process; seeking to have a college acceptance by the end of the program. The Job Placement Program seeks to expose youth to job and career information and guidance by providing 6 sessions that walk students through every step of attaining a job/career; seeking to have a job acquisition by the end of the program. Youth will gain access to local business owners and community leaders as mentors, who will assist the youth in developing the tools they need to “break a cycle of poverty”.
Program Description: Parents are included in the creating the developmental plan for their child and are partners in helping them reach their developmental and behavioral goals. Our remote learning center seeks to put a parent’s mind at ease, while we are caring for their most prized possession and ultimately providing the best childcare possible in their absence. We seek to involve parents in the following ways:
· Every student will receive a Developmental Milestone Plan (DMP) and parents will provide self-reports about home behavior, ultimately assisting and signing off on the plans. Their developmental and behavioral milestones are assessed, a plan is developed to improve their overall functioning, and assessment will take place at the beginning, middle, and end of the year.
· Parents will have access to an app called Bright Wheel that will allow them to access the cameras within the facility and an open-door policy, where parents are always welcome.
· Monthly parent-child trips sponsored by Little Prodigies, which are meant to create moments and space of “quality time” between children and parents/caregivers.
· Monthly Saturday Parenting classes: as a licensed social worker and trained in EPIC Parenting classes, parents can attend monthly classes over various topics that pertain to the development of their child; such as, helping my child meet their developmental milestones, addressing behavioral concerns, divorce or separation in the family, navigating entering the school system, ADHD & mental health diagnosis, etc.
· Being a parent can be both rewarding and challenging, and our goal is to assist parents with the supports they need to be the best parent they can be to their children.
Referral and counseling support (P.U.S.H. Community Consultation)will be available to all parents and families.